Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Giving Ourselves a Break

 
I love this clip because it explains how inherent it is in all of us 
to not be perfect.

While I feel I am ususally forgiving of other people's mistakes and 
shortcomings, I am not so kind with my own faults.
I expect that I operate mistake-free and that is impossible!

For example, I had a rough day where I had erroneously
stated a client's birthplace to be in one state as opposed to the 
correct state in some important documentation.

It caused a real kink in the works, to say the least, and while
everyone was very quick to point out my error (and even get a
little angry with me), I was the one who beat myself up the most.

After a day of knots in my stomach and kicking myself, I realized
that I'm ALLOWED to make mistakes because I'm HUMAN.
It just happens sometimes.

So here's to a week of not being so hard on ourselves!
xo.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. People need to lighten up, myself included. It's not the end of the world!! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Thanks so much for the great little clip.
    And poo on your workers who got mad-maybe they should focus on all the AMAZING things you do every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...