Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hunter Boot Dupe!

Do you know what I have been coveting for years?  A good pair of Hunter wellies.  They really are chic and functional, especially in the sloppy winters we have here in Utah!  The problem is, Hunter wellies are, well, pricey.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy a pair of rubber boots that were over a $100!  I hovered over at Gilt for a Hunter sale and ended up buying a pair that weren't the EXACT thing that I wanted, but I was hoping they'd suffice.  The fit was much too big around my calf and that's what I had found so appealing about the Original Hunter Wellie...it was a sleek rain boot, NOT a galosh! 

Well, I'm here to tell you there is a DUPE for the Original Hunter Wellie and it's....a Hunter Wellie!  The dupe is that you go on over to the kids section at Nordstrom and they have the SAME boot for half the price!  Now, this dupe will only work for ladies (and gents) with a tinier foot, up to about a 7-7.5 to be exact, so I'm sending my apologies for all you larger-footed folks.  I wear a 6.5 and the Big Kid size 4 fit perfectly, even with thicker socks!

Now it's not exactly the same as the adult Hunter wellie.  There are two main differences: 1) the shaft of the boot is about three inches shorter than the adult version, but if you're like me, the taller adult version actually hit uncomfortably at the back of my knee, so the shorter shaft was perfect!  2) There are two greyish-silver reflectors at the back of the kid's version...and I understand this could be a deal-breaker for some, but I truly don't mind them!
So there you have it! I'm excited to stomp my way through this winter and hope this saves you a little moolah if you're on the market for some new boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...