Thursday, November 18, 2010

Book Club!

It seems it's taken a year of talking, but a book club has finally been created and I get to be a part of it!  While I'd like to think my organizational skills are admirable, I just couldn't seem to get book club off the ground.  Lucky for me a friend, Vie, was much better at rallying our friends for a night of conversation, wine, and book talk.

The group decided on The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.  It should be a fast read, since it's youth fiction AND every adult I know has been losing their minds over this book.  I'm hoping it's not another Twilight, but I'm already through the first hundred pages and the protagonist, Katniss, is a strong, young woman who can take care of her self and her family...a far cry from the shell of a girl Bella is portrayed as, who seems to be in a constant state of distress and a need to be rescued.

So I was thinking, those of you who can't make it in person to book club, would you like to read along and post your thoughts on the book?  We'll be having book club on December 17ish and I'll do a post about our opinions and the next read!  So get reading!  I can't wait to hear what you think!

2 comments:

  1. First off, book one and two are AMAZING!! When it comes to the third-I give it two thumbs and two daddy toes down. BOOOOO!! What a let down. That sounds fun to have a book club about this one. I hope you love it all the way through the third book.

    By the way, I totally love the photos in the mirrors idea. You guys look so studious and fabulous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie, you should come to book club! It's going to be on December 17th at 7pm at my house if you can make it! It would be so nice to have you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...