Monday, June 15, 2009

My First Concert Tweets

Usually I'm struck by the beauty, insanity, ridiculousness, or _________ of the band and crowd when I go to a concert. I'm also usually scribbling these thoughts down on my arm, gum wrapper, paper cup, or other ill-intentioned notebook substitute...

Then along came Twitter that lets you tweet all sorts of unimportant drivel in real time...! This means no more deciphering my chicken scratch the next day! I gave tweeting a show a test run with our much anticipated Animal Collective experience in Boulder.

The carnage follows:
  1. Waiting for Animal Collective to take the stage. Enduring the Dead and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  2. And some J Dilla redeems...
  3. Ballet dancer projection is pretty dope. And pretty fitting! Lovely!
  4. Shug has agreed to polyamory. But only with Avey and Panda Bear.
  5. My Girls are about to KILL.
  6. People are clapping, singing along, and dancing. Are these concert goers really hipsters?!
  7. Animal Collective just played the organ song off of Post...take me now, Lord.
  8. Um, Panda Bear is, like, a really good drummer.
  9. The sing-along continues. Feels like church camp. Except a lot cooler lyrics to sing along to.
  10. Finished already?!?
  11. Encore!
  12. Strawberry Jam is making a strong appearance. Unsolved Mystery is sounding pretty damn amazing right now.
  13. Over already:(
  14. My cilias' swan song is a fair price to pay for over two hours of Animal Collective live.


Image via Stereogum.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to get the hang of Twitter. I can't see the difference between tweets(?) and Facebook updates. Now it kind of makes sense a bit. I don't think I'm a convert just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm still trying to get the hang of it, too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...