Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beauty Black Magic: Infotone Hydrating Mist

I feel like I may be going a little coocoolala.  I have been spraying plain old water on my face and I have been seeing some amazing results.  Like, results all sorts of potions and lotions couldn't really get a handle on in the past.

I have always been skeptical of the bottled waters sold for the face.  Evian and Avène have cult followings.  Both tout healing and wondrous properties like healing eczema or calming rosacea.  I once used a 100% pure water spray an esthetician forced on me a few years ago and the half-full bottle found its final resting place in the recycle bin.  I just didn't see any difference in my skin with this extra step.

Fast forward to a face that is super-stressed from school drama.  My skin is splotchy and red, with some stress breakouts, to boot.  I don't know what possessed me to order some Infotone Hydrating Mist (stress shop much?), but after about three weeks of using this everyday I have started to notice some great changes in my skin!  My tone has really evened out and become less red and my stress blemishes seem to be healing much more quickly.  I definitely didn't see these kind of results with the elixir that esthetician duped me into buying years ago, either.

So, here I go with the real coocoolala part....Infotone claims, "Each mister contains a non-toxic and 100% natural ceramic bead infused with Aistiva's patented BioT™ technology. BioT™ allows simple spring water to activate skin's natural healing ability resulting in clear, youthful, and glowing skin."  Erm, excuse me?  A magic bead that heals my skin with what?  Magic vibrations?  You also can refill the bottle for up to a year and this bead will apparently fuel the new water with the same magic.

I know.  I am rolling my eyes at myself!  But, damn, if that magic bead hasn't given me some better skin!  If the placebo effect is wrong in this case, I don't wanna be right.

Have you ever had a beauty product or ritual that you are convinced can't work, but does wonders for your skin?  I don't want to be alone in this, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...